11.09.2011

With gratitude - here's to health

Day 9

I find myself lately, more than ever, being thankful for my health and the health of my family. Perhaps it is because I've been following several friends and/or acquaintances who are battling various forms of cancer. Or a recent visit with a friend who shared a bit of what she's been going through. We concluded that if you don't have your health what really do you have?!?!?!! We all take so much for granted each day. Many would be so grateful to have our minor aches and pains. We have little to truly complain about. So I've returned (begrudgingly at first) to an exercise regime. I'm also trying to turn myself into a morning person in an effort to avoid all the excuses I can come up with to NOT get my workout in. This is not an easy task for someone who would much rather stay up til 2 a.m. working on a project or catching up on all things DVR'd!

So today I'm thankful for my health and that of those around me. I'm thankful for friends and/or acquaintances who are responding well to treatments and beginning to heal. Finally, I'm thankful for CaringBridge.org. Thank you for creating a place for families to share their journeys, receive support and prayers and remind us all of how precious life is! 

With gratitude,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your message will be posted shortly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails