4.14.2011

Missed opportunity

I should have a picture to make this more interesting but I'm just going to write before the memory leaves me.

To set the scene...you are looking at a bedroom wall. On the wall is a wedding portrait of a handsome young man and his beautiful younger bride. (this is all tongue-in-cheek readers!)

Last week I spent some time cleaning and organizing our master bedroom. Miss K (3 1/2 years) was hanging out with me. She stopped to look at a wedding picture of Mr. M and me hanging on the wall. She asked if she was at the wedding (both of our girls love a good wedding!). I tried to explain to her that she was not, in fact, at our wedding because she hadn't been born yet. I think the concept was lost on her.

After hearing my explanation she turned away from me, slumped her shoulders and slowly lumbered a few steps forward. Then a little voiced, saddened by a lost opportunity to party, said, "Ahhhhh, I missed it." I think she probably muttered a few things under her breath too. Her little sometimes gruff, authoritative voice was sad, and perhaps more mad (or frustrated or bewildered or...) that she hadn't been taken to this obviously wonderful event.

I had to keep myself from chuckling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your message will be posted shortly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails