8.01.2010

Birthday girl

Today was Miss K's birthday. She is already three years old! I'm not sure where the last three years went. Seems like just yesterday we were patiently (and then impatiently) waiting for her to arrive. Then I guess I blinked and suddenly today is upon me.

Now she is walking, running, jumping and dancing. She's talking (after lots of extra work!) and learning new words each and every day. She is singing and has a pretty decent voice too. She has earned the nickname, Sarge, as in Sergeant. I really don't need to say much else, do I? She barks orders, likes, dislikes and sometimes her next move. She will always say such things with confidence and enthusiasm. As in, 'This is the way we're going to do this!' 
  
Miss K is lovable and loving. She likes to cuddle occasionally so you better take what you get. She's always willing to give you a hug and/or kiss though. She is very concerned about her big sister. Dropping Miss A off at her Intro. to Kindergarten class was painful until she realized it was just temporary and we'd pick her up again soon. When its just she and I we have to get treats for Miss A too. She never forgets! She asks about her daddy each morning and nearly each time we arrive back home.
 
She is very, very funny. Miss K says funny things. She does funny things. If you watch closely, I think you can see her wheels spinning. You'll always be entertained at how she plays and the determination with which she does each thing. She also 'cooks' up lots of great treats in her kitchen.

Another note about that determination I mentioned, if you ask Miss K do do something she is not interested in doing, be prepared. She will look at you and sweetly say, "no," complete with smile and maybe even a wink. 

Miss K you are quite a little lady. You make us smile and laugh each day. You also frustrate us (mostly me, I think) on occasion. I know, however, that the independent spirit you have will take you far in this world. Remember to go your own way and do what you love. I can't wait to see what you do with your humor and hard work. I'm sure you'll accomplish great things!

Happy Happy 3rd Birthday Miss K!


May your wishes come true!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Baby Kate! I just love this little girl so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your message will be posted shortly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails